MICROSOFT STUDENT PARTNER @ MICROSOFT
Sept 2016 - Present | Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Run workshops and hackathons.
- Host tech events and give demos on campus.
- Work alongside Microsoft professionals, assisting them during hackathons and events.
- Grow and nurture a community of students and faculty on campus and online.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER @ IBM
May 2015 - August 2016 | Markham, Ontario, Canada
- Designed, developed and implemented an interactive website for IBM DB2.
- Improved and added numerous features to a tool that generates complex SQL queries based on a customers database using the Genetic Algorithm.
- Designed and developed an automated and scalable Node.js application with MongoDB for a testing tool which generates complex SQL queries, in addition to a responsive front-end.
- Designed and implemented the first driver for IBM DB2 on Swift 3.0 for both OS X and Linux.
- Worked with the IBM DB2 team to offer IBM DB2 on Docker, modernizing it.
LEAD DEVELOPER @ UOFTHACKS STUDENT HACKATHON
Apr 2016 - June 2016 | Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Oversaw early development of the application from its roots to maturity.
- Designed and implemented the architecture of the application including many core features such as: Security, APIs, User Management, Routing, etc.
TEACHING ASSISTANT @ UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO
Jan 2016 - April 2016 | Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Taught 25+ students every week on circuit design, hardware description language and low level programming.
DEVELOPER @ UOFTHACKS STUDENT HACKATHON
Nov 2015 - Jan 2016 | Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Developed the back-end of the Hacker Portal using Node.js and MySQL.
- Assisted in the development of the front-end and testing.
SOFTWARE CONSULTANT @ QUANTUM DATA SCIENCE
Dec 2014 - April 2015 | Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Worked on applications pertaining to geographical data in Python.
- Created web crawlers to scrape data from webpages using Python and enhanced the obtained data with multiple geospatial APIs.
- Stored collected data in MongoDB and visualized real-time data for clients.
Picto aids users in learning a new language, simply by taking a picture of any object.
Users can translate it into multiple languages, get the object's definition and have Picto say the objects name in the requested language.
July 2014 - November 2014
Created a real-time bus and streetcar arrival time estimation application.
Extended functionality by adding: favorites, text-messaging, alert notifications for bus arrivals, locating stops, nearby stops and service alerts from the TTC.
Skills and Tools
- React Native
- Bootstrap 3
- Google Cloud Datastore
- Google Cloud Platform
MICROSOFT COLLEGE CODE COMPETITION
IBM CERTIFIED DATABASE ASSOCIATE
Microsoft College Code Competition